photo kelley_header.png

Monday, February 13, 2012

You are loved...sort of


Sometimes I think I need new friends. They hide and jump out of random places in an attempt to make me pee my pants in fear. I'm never allowed to slip up and say something silly without wisecracks from the Peanut Gallery. My hair usually warrants poking fun at, and an opportunity is never lost on them to do so. And heaven forbid I not wear makeup without mention of my "natural beauty".

But. BUT. They have always been there when I need them. Fights with my husband, bad days at work, tough patient cases...and scary health issues. I have 4 autoimmune diseases, some of which are NOT fun. My friends have tested my blood sugar when I drank too much to do so myself. They have read multiple food labels to ascertain the amount of carbs AND gluten a particular item contained. They have accompanied me to doctor's appointments. They have drawn my blood for "further testing". And most importantly, they have made me laugh every step of the way. Through tears, gritted teeth, inflamed joints, high sugars, stomach cramps and bunk thyroid tests...they have always made me laugh. And for this, I will be eternally grateful.

So, on this Valentine's day...D, S & J...will you be mine? Oh, and thanks for being my besties...you are loved.....even though sometimes y'all make it hard to do so. Just kidding. No not really. Ok, maybe.

Love,
Your autoimmunly challenged friend

No comments:

Post a Comment